Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for an experienced Welding Engineer, direct hire opportunity in Hopkinsville, KY.
Our client is a leader in the development and production of quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, fluid management systems, and complex aluminum products focused primarily on the automotive sector. They deliver outstanding quality products and services to their customers, provide meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for their employees, and they’re a positive contributor to their community.
The Welding Engineer provides first-line support personally and through Weld Techs for the resolution of production problems and coordinates specific items with manufacturing, quality assurance, general maintenance and tooling to maintain dimensional integrity of finished goods supplied to customers. Monitors and reports status. Participates in decisions within an area of responsibility and interfaces with others on continuous improvement of operations.
- Experience in destructive and non-destructive weld testing.
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience with designing and programming robotic/automated welding systems a plus.
- Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervision of Hourly Staff
- Bachelors of Science in Welding Engineering Technology or an additional 4 years’ experience.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certification a plus.
- Experience in Tier 1 Automotive a plus.
- Support plant’s commitment to both internal and external customer quality
- Establish welding process and quality parameters for MIG (GMAW) and resistance spot welding operations.
- Assist in defining and maintaining proper methods and standards for quality and production coming off welding processes.
- Establish procedures, processes and testing equipment for destructive and nondestructive testing on resistance & MIG welding applications including cut & etch (macro etch), fillet weld break, transverse tension & guided bend testing with the assistance from the Quality Department.
- Work with Design and Manufacturing Engineering and Prototype Departments to fine-tune designs, material selection, documentation, fixtures, and process control to optimize product manufacturability.
- Design and develop welding systems and fixtures and participate in FMEA’s.
- Study current welding processes for cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement robotic/automated welding systems
- Research and recommend new ideas and methods to improve welding processes.
- Prepare written capital and cost reduction proposals, including cost justifications.
- Establish equipment standards required for the Welding Department.
- Develop and maintain approved weld training programs.
- Develop and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program on all welding and robotic systems.
- Assist in Metallurgical Studies that must be performed.
- Manage MIG (GMAW) & resistance welding consumables & weld equipment spare parts.
- Conduct weld lobe studies to optimize welding processes.
- Responsible for welding dimensional process capability for new and existing processes.
- Identify and implement fail-safe welding systems to eliminate discrepant processes and parts.
- Participate in New Product Development activities to incorporate Design for Manufacture concepts.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as determined by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Working Conditions
- Office Environment and Plant Floor (PPE required)
Salary: $80k-90k, depending on experience
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k with Match
To be considered for an opportunity, please send an email with an updated resume attachment. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.