RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit Toolmakers for our client in Antioch, TN.
Our client is an International precision metal-stamping manufacturer that is a leader in the production of fineblanked parts for the automotive industry. They make all of their tools and dies in-house on three shifts. Their clients include Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota.
Job Summary: To build tools, dies, and components of average complexity; repair dies to specifications; work with engineering drawings under minimum supervision to complete tasks
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read engineering drawings of average complexity.
- Build and/or repair tools from those drawings using the necessary machining operations and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and make decisions on tool manufacturing procedures in conjunction with the group leader or manager and press supervisors.
- Maintain in-process Quality Control procedures and documentation.
- Assist in trying out tools and optimizing to achieve Quality Control accepted parts.
- Housekeeping and 5S in and around machinery.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Salary: Starting at $23/hr with a shift premium of $1.25 for 2nd shift or $2.00 for 3rd shift.
Shift: 2nd and 3rd Shift opportunities are available
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.