Founded 20 years ago, our award winning client improves the global competitiveness of customers by creating simple solutions to complex problems. Through leadership in industrial automation, they improve the quality of life for their employees, customers and community. They have created a talented engineering team with empowering management.
The Sr. Controls Engineer is considered capable of all technical aspects related to control system integration and strong programming skills are required. The responsibilities for this position include performing control system design tasks:
- Conceptual design of the controls architecture.
- Responsible for complete controls design and implementation strategy.
- Lead and supervise the generation of the documentation package in compliance with company or customer requirements.
- Selection of components for projects.
- Completion of Control System design checklist and/or load calculations.
- Maintain and improve technical proficiency in control system design.
- Lead and/or Assist with Software Development for assigned projects (Allen Bradley). Software shall follow company preferred formats, must be well documented and provide robust functionality.
- Supervise panel and field assembly so that all project requirements are met.
- Lead startup and debug efforts including:
- Power up, checkout and troubleshoot control systems.
- Perform software commissioning, debug and installation.
- Interact with customers to ensure project’s success.
- Provide acceptance, installation and startup support at customer’s facilities as required.
Controls engineering expertise – design, programming, etc. Assembly/manufacturing experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
to $135k, plus 5-10% in bonuses, and full benefits.
20% mostly local travel, based on project need
Location: Poway, CA
To be considered for this opportunity, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. has been a leading recruiter for automation, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe since 1999.