We are conducting a search for a Senior Controls Engineer II in the Bolingbrook, IL area to design control systems for industrial material handling solutions.
Our client is the nation’s leading independent U.S. based provider of intelligent material handling systems providing leading edge conveyor and sortation systems, voice and light‐directed order fulfillment equipment, controls and software, robotics, mezzanines, and structures.
- Based on customer specifications and scope documentation, designs system layouts, schematics, and control devices, usually for large projects or multiple small projects
- Performs diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making
- Leads large projects by defining and issuing work to assigned team members or runs multiple small projects with minimal direction
- Creates all project documents according to internal processes to ensure that designs meet customer expectations
- Prepares schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication
- Maintains a progress schedule that meets project milestones
- Provides documentation and support to the field wiring team
- Creates Programmable Logical Control (PLC) programs
- Works closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions
- Performs on-site commissioning
- Performs system validation according to scope documentation and project requirements
- Directs assigned team in the field and assigns priorities consistent with project needs; reports progress to project and engineering management
- Ensures that all project checklists and electronic documents created by the project team are complete and archived
- Provides input to the project lessons learned process
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation for quotation and clarification
- Performs process checks and design reviews
- Provides back-up for Engineering Managers
- Follows engineering standards
- Experience with industrial HMI and SCADA systems, Allen-Bradley controls/controllers
- In-depth knowledge of industrial automation systems, including HMI and SCADA systems, Allen-Bradley controls/controllers
- Proficient with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical or other related electrical CAD systems such as EPlan
Compensation & Benefits
Salary up to $120k DOE
Travel up to 50%
To be considered for this opportunity, please respond with an updated resume. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. has been a leading recruiter for automation, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe since 1999.