Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for an experienced Production Supervisor, direct hire opportunity in Hopkinsville, KY.
Our client is a leader in the development and production of quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, fluid management systems, and complex aluminum products focused primarily on the automotive sector. They deliver outstanding quality products and services to their customers, provide meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for their employees, and they’re a positive contributor to their community.
The purpose of the Production Supervisor/Group Leader for the back shifts is to motivate the workforce to meet production and quality requirements while maintaining a safe work environment.
This individual has the authority to enforce policies and procedures that govern the production floor and to assign, direct, discipline associates as necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Minimum two years of college or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Intimate knowledge of welding, metal stamping and forming, and paint operations
- Automotive manufacturing experience to include knowledge of customer releasing and shipping requirements
- Very strong sense of urgency and the ability to get things done
- Must be very people oriented
- Make sure daily manufacturing requirements are met to meet customer demands
- Ensure conformance to all quality systems and standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for all associates
- Coordinate manufacturing schedules with Production Control
- Work closely with cross-functional departments to insure an adequate supply of raw materials, WIP, MRO items, and human resources
- Train and develop subordinates
- Meet financial goals as outlined in the business plan
- Coordinate with all parties to insure new product launches are defect free and on time
- Help identify areas for improvement
- Ensure compliance with Federal/State/Local safety and environmental regulations
- Seek ways to reduce waste, manufacturing byproducts, and hazardous raw materials
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and subordinates
- Inspire teamwork among associates
- Solve production problems
- Create a participative management environment
- Meet production schedules
- Meet quality standards
- Train or cross-train new or existing associates
- Inspire continuous improvement
- Competency Level 2 includes all intermediate understanding of the processes and functions as they relate to the position as determined by the leadership team
Salary: $65k-$75k, Depending on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k with Match
To be considered for an opportunity, please send an email with an updated resume attachment. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.