RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit a Controls Engineer for our client in Pendleton, IN.
Our client is an Industrial Automation Systems Integrator and is hiring experienced Controls Engineers and/or Process Engineers with strong PLC/HMI programming skills. The best candidates will have 8-10+ years of Automation experience within Process and Discrete Manufacturing environments.
- Design, develop, and maintain all Controls and Automation projects
- Understand and troubleshoot programmable logic controllers (PLC/PAC), human machine interfaces (HMI), batching systems and other supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software
- Provide field troubleshooting, start-up, and commissioning support as projects require
- Perform complex, problem-solving tasks that involve reviewing information, actively detecting problems, designing/developing systems or modifications, as well as evaluating options and implementing the best solutions
- Understand complex plant floor operations and make decisions by proactively examining all available information and making timely decisions
- Researching new features and technologies for product concepts
- Communicate with customers, support channels, and vendors on a regular basis
- PLC/PAC/DCS Programming Proficiency: Preferably with Allen-Bradley RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, & RSLogix 5
- HMI Proficiency: Preferably with Inductive Automation Ignition, Rockwell Software FactoryTalk View SE/ME, or Wonderware System Platform & Wonderware InTouch
- Industrial Communications & Networks Proficiency: Preferably with EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, AS-Interface
- Plant Floor IO Proficiency – Variable-frequency drives, Instrumentation and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Successful applicants will need to show that they are eligible to work in the United States. No sponsorship offered for this position.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Previous Project Engineering or Project Management experience, or background working in systems integration.
- Specific experience with Siemens, Modicon, and Beckhoff; GE iFIX & Cimplicity, EtherCAT, Profibus, Modbus
- Engineering / Technical degree related to electrical, mechanical, or factory automation (Control system engineering preferred).
- Ability and willingness to travel periodically.
Interested individuals should reply with a resume attachment. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.