We are conducting a search for a Controls Engineer in the Grand Rapids, MI area to design control systems for industrial material handling solutions.
Our client is the nation’s leading independent US-based provider of intelligent material handling systems providing leading-edge conveyor and sortation systems, voice and light‐directed order fulfillment equipment, controls and software, robotics, mezzanines, and structures.
- Designs system layouts, schematics, and control devices
- Performs diverse, specialized and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making.
- Creates control sequence of operation documents to ensure that the design meets customer expectations.
- Prepares schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication.
- Maintains a progress schedule that meets project milestones.
- Provides documentation and support to the field wiring team.
- Creates Programmable Logical Control (PLC) programs
- Works closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions.
- Performs on-site commissioning to implement and validate the system design.
- Experience in professional engineering design and project execution.
- Experience with various industrial HMI and SCADA systems.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controls/controllers or Schneider PLCs
- Knowledge of industrial automation
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary up to $115k, plus quarterly incentives (after 1 year of service) + yearly bonus.
- Excellent benefits
- More than 40% travel
- To be considered for this opportunity, please respond with an updated resume. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. has been a leading recruiter for automation, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe for over 20 years.