This is a career track position to become a future leader in the company… from this Controls Engineer opening to Sr. Controls Engineer, then Engineering Manager.
Our client is a global leader in assemblies and components in their markets, and a division of a multi-billion dollar global company. They offer great benefits and a positive work environment.
They are a privately held, 100% employee‐owned company. Our client’s commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative as an integral part of their innovation journey and business success.
- Onsite support of Operations with automated control systems such as Allen Bradly PLCs, Panelviews, Vacon AC Drives, ABB Robotics, and Wonderware MES.
- Support will include electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of existing systems.
- This role will also be responsible for machine design improvements, software development, and electrical circuit design.
- This opportunity will include field work as well as office setting design work.
- Ability to work with Software and Hardware of Allen Bradley PLC systems such as SLC‐ 5/05, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and MicroLogix processors.
- Develop new programs and continuously improve existing ones using company standards.
- Work with IRC5 and S4C+ ABB Robotic systems, new control programming and continuous improvement of existing ones.
- Work with Vacon AC Drives, Allen Bradley Powerflex 400, 750 and 755 AC Drives, as well as forward / reversing two speed starters and contactors.
- Develop and maintain HMI systems such as Allen Bradley Panelviews and Wonderware MES.
- Work with various communication protocols such as Ethernet I/P, Remote IO, and Modbus TCP/IP.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Assure maximum reliability of equipment.
- Provides engineering support to operations in troubleshooting, rebuilding, and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment, and automated systems.
- Follow company design standards while integrating automation including PLC, Robotics, HMI and data collection systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Successful project designs and implementations.
Location: Hammond, IN
Salary: $85,000 to $120,000/year
- Medical, prescription drugs
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) w % of base pay in stocks every year
- Annual bonus
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 2 for 2 Matching Charitable Gifts
- Tuition Reimbursement
To be considered for an opportunity, please apply with your resume. Inquires will be kept confidential.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for controls/automation openings in North America. Please send your resume to be considered for all opportunities.