Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for an experienced Tool and Die Maker, direct hire opportunity in Hopkinsville, KY.
Our client is a leader in the development and production of quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, fluid management systems, and complex aluminum products focused primarily on the automotive sector. They deliver outstanding quality products and services to their customers, provide meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for their employees, and they’re a positive contributor to their community.
- Maintain physical plant and equipment to ensure 100% production up-time.
- Maintain, PM and build robust tooling for equipment.
- Safety of all manufacturing equipment and facilities in the plant
- Tool & Die Maker certificate and/or equivalent 5 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Thorough knowledge of blue print reading and interpretation
- Thorough knowledge of operating tool room and production equipment (grinding, milling, lathe)
- Possess good mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GD+T
- Excellent trouble shooting for dies, cutting tools, (end forming, crimping and bending an asset)
- Develop dies, tools and processes as required
- To build replacement tools and dies for production use as required or internally capable
- Provide assistance, guidance and advice to Junior Tool & Die Makers and Apprentices as required
- Liaise with internal departments for design input, fabrication and modifications to tools and dies
- Ensure timely completion of repairs, new dies, tooling, fixtures etc. as required so production is not interrupted
- Ensure preventative maintenance program are done on tools and dies based on assigned schedules
- Trouble shooting of tools and record keeping of tool development and troubleshooting
- Follow MCPC when working on production concerns, complete paperwork to close protocols.
- Follow all lock out/tag out procedures as required
- Responsible to maintain good housekeeping on work area and die parts at all times
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job
- Any other duties as needed
Shift: 3rd Shift
Salary: $24-$28 per hour, depending on experience
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k with Match
To be considered for an opportunity, please send an email with an updated resume attachment. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.