We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starting Controls Engineer located in Cherry Valley, IL.
Interested candidates must be comfortable working with delivering results in a fast-paced environment, as well as have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop software programs / platforms for HMI and PLC applications on a retrofit platform of existing systems.
- Troubleshoot and debug electrical designs and software designs in any Ipsen facility and / or the end user’s facility.
- Analyzes product and / or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine practical designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities within Ipsen.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages which affect product manufacturing and operation.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops designs.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics. Develop bill of materials.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if proposed design meets required functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible retrofit application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Upon receipt of a retrofit request, must become main point of contact for the customer, make on site visits with customer, propose correct upgrade and or retrofit package.
- Upon customer concurrence, design, release, test, follow to field to either contractor supervise or set-up, and gain customer acceptance
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) from four-year College or university; two – five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years controls engineering experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience preferred
- Experience with database software (e.g., Allen Bradley, Siemens 7, Wonderware, internet software, spreadsheet software and PLC programming is required
- Compensation based on knowledge and experience
- Exceptional benefits plus 401k with matching
Interested individuals should reply with a confidential resume attachment.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.