Start a great career as a freight broker – will train!
We are recruiting for a Transportation Freight Broker in the greater Pittsburgh area. Our client is an established state-of-the art flatbed transportation company. They serve the steel, building materials, machinery, oil & gas, raw materials, aluminum, and automotive industries. Join a team that is committed to serving customers in a safe and efficient manner.
The Transportation Freight Broker accountabilities include:
- Solicits business from new and existing customers to build business volume according to the business plan.
- Identify new customer opportunities utilizing a variety of creative methods.
- Communicate directly with our Business Development and Operations team.
- Forecast potential new business.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and positive customer relationships.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
- Build freight volume from existing customers
- Establish and maintain a book of regular business
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Position requires full time attendance
- Two or four-year degree or at least 12 months comparable office experience and/ or training
- Must have ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers and employees and make decisions in a timely professional manner.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Employer matched 401k
To be considered for this opportunity, please respond with an updated resume. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for logistics, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.