Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a talented Supplier Quality Engineer .
Our client is a global leader in automotive manufacturing, recently winning the Ford World Excellence Award. The company is nestled in a great Detroit suburb location and has an outstanding management team and exceptional company benefits.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the duties listed below.
- Active participation in the Advanced Product Quality Planning process with suppliers.
- Active participation in Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis and the writing of Quality Corrective Action Plans in 8-D format.
- Coordinates activities and compiles and reviews information for supplier PPAP submissions.
- Conducts on-site assessments for existing and potential new suppliers
- Reviews Capacity Commitments and frequently required to conduct on-site Run and Rate studies at suppliers facilities.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality.
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment at supplier’s facilities.
- Ensures compliance to established methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- SQE, Automotive experience
- Excellent benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k with match of 6%
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
LOCATION: Wixom, MI
Interested individuals should send an email with a resume attachment.About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.