RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit for an experienced Senior Engineer (direct hire). For more than 80 years, our client has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative medical devices.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for using multidisciplinary engineering knowledge to design and develop medical devices or components/subsystems in support of Company’s strategic plan. Lead and guide approved self-initiated or assigned technical projects leading to extensions of existing and new technologies.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures
- Provide technical assistance and leadership required to plan and implement specified projects to be completed including organizing and leading members of various departments, planning, scheduling and coordinating resources (personnel, materials, time, money, suppliers), preparing proper documentation, etc. in a manner consistent with company objectives
- Utilize engineering skills to solve engineering problems at the component through system level. Conduct testing utilizing existing test protocols or develop new ones as needed
- Apply engineering knowledge to the design and development of new products as well as product changes and enhancements
- Work with other functional areas within company to develop new products and coordinate introduction of new products and improvements of existing products/processes
- Contribute to the intellectual property position of the Company via invention and patent applications
- Develop and maintain knowledge medical device industry, including understanding of current technologies and trends, through actions such as professional memberships, attendance at conferences and/or seminars, subscription to trade magazines, etc
What You’ll Need to Win?
- Requires four-year college degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of six years of experience in an engineering environment or
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in an engineering environment
- Discreet component level circuit board design experience
- Intermediate computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Experience in regulated industry preferred
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Competitive benefits/compensation package
- Exciting work environment
- Over 80 years of success and satisfied customers
Interested individuals should send an email with a confidential resume attachment.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe. Please send your confidential resume to be considered for all opportunities.