Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Production Engineer for our client’s manufacturing site in Borger, Texas.
This person will be a member of the operations team that is responsible for safe, reliable, & cost-effective operations. The engineer will work on the optimization of unit operations & small/medium projects. This position is expected to support improvements in our client’s HSE, Quality, Production, and cost performance. The engineer will lead efforts to improve reliability and support Operational Excellence.
- Providing process engineering assistance to troubleshoot operational problems, minimize unit interruptions, and maximize capacity utilization.
- Monitor the day-to-day performance of the unit. Develop, propose, implement and/or follow up on process and facility improvements involved in ongoing operations (variable cost, productivity, quality, HSE, reliability, maintenance…)
- Coordinate the activities related to the identification, monitoring and control of key process parameters.
- Interact with unit operators for troubleshooting and as needed to accomplish safe production goals
- Develop ways to increase product yields, OEE and reduce variable costs while maintaining the needed Quality and HSE standards
- Develop and implement Lean, Six Sigma, and SPC tools to enhance production quality reliability and On Aim Quality.
- Lead the internal investigation team in front of a customer complaint – or internally detected anomaly – related to product quality and for prepare the related report
- Support the preparation and successful occurrence of customer audits
- Coordinate the recovery/reworking of off-spec production.
- Actively participate to new product industrialization trials.
- Contribute to the development of preventative maintenance plans.
- BS degree in Chemical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing process
- Strong analytical skills, technically-oriented.
- Able to work independently and effectively with both external customers and globally based internal team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of product quality requirements and customer’s needs
Interested individuals should send a resume attachment. All inquiries will be kept confidential and will be responded to.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing and engineering companies in North America, Asia and Europe. http://www.rdwinc.com/