Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for an Operations Manager opportunity in Chester, VA.
Our client is an asset-based carrier with service throughout the Mid-Atlantic. The company’s focus is on delivering consistent service and a competitive price. They have the reputation for innovative approaches to shipping.
The Operations Manager accountabilities include:
- Team leader with the ability to help businesses of all sizes to improve the efficiency and cost of transportation.
- Secure new business and helping existing clients expand the use of our services by utilizing and growing their need for our services.
- Hire, train, and appraise staff and drivers. Consult with Safety Manager as appropriate to take corrective action when necessary.
- Be available as hands on leader for the operations department, always and continually aware of all supply/demand time lines, schedules and needs.
- Proactively communicate with vendors and customers. Build and strengthen business relationships and represent company as the main point of contact.
- Oversee and manage the company’s day to day accounting functions including billing, accounts payable and general ledger account subject to management review.
- Analyze what percentage or rate per mile is required to give driver satisfaction and optimizing company profits
- Sales development and management of customer service account assignments
- Management of driver demand
- Logging, tracking and resolving shipper and carrier claims.
- Understanding and managing compliance with industry regulations including but not limited to safety regulations Manage operation as it pertains to compliancy of DOT, FMCSA, and HOS.
- Identify overhead of the company, costs of doing business and the regular pattern of traffic that the company has and make sure that each aspect operates at the maximum level of profitability.
- Review and be aware of every cost of the company, both regular and nonrecurring, both known and anticipated and be aware at all times of obligations of the company that require attention
- Creation of an annual profit and loss budget for review and approval by management, and measurements of items against it.
- Management experience
- Trucking or similar industry experience
- Extensive DOT, FMCSA, and HOS knowledge
Compensation: $40,000 – $50,000 plus bonus
Interested individuals please reply with a resume attachment. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. has been a leading recruiter for logistics, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe for over 15 years. We have built relationships with select companies in various industries that we know offer solid career opportunities. RD Worldwide offers candidates access to exclusive job opportunities with some of the fastest growing companies.