RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit a Mechanical Engineer with machine design experience for our client in Menomonee Falls, WI.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mechanical Design Engineer will work closely with others in our engineering group as well as machinists, assemblers and programmers to produce world-class manufacturing equipment. This position designs and details complex, precision components and assemblies and prepares bills of material for production utilizing the most up-to-date 3D software. The working environment is fast paced and professional with the resources necessary to be successful! Highly skilled individuals are recognized for their contribution and will gain valuable experience while working with advanced technology and challenging design projects.
- When given a design problem the candidate should be able to generate cost effective and simple to manufacture concepts to solve it.
- Starting with mechanical assemblies or concepts, turn them into engineered, fully detailed, functioning designs that satisfy all design constraints given.
- Select power transmission, motion control and other purchased components.
- Prepare detailed mechanical drawings and bills of material for production.
- Understand detailing of precision components including dimensional tolerances, geometric tolerances, and general drafting practices.
- Position requires candidate to be highly detail oriented and able to effectively manage their time to complete projects in a timely manner.
- 0-3 years of experience in mechanical design with preference given to machine design related experience.
- BSME preferred. An associate’s degree and relevant work experience will be considered.
- SolidWorks experience preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate that has modeling experience in another 3D CAD package.
- Interest in manufacturing and general understanding of machine shop practices, strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in power transmission design, hydraulics, automation, machine tool fixture design, bearing selection, ballscrew selection, and tooling design will be given priority over other design experience.
- Organized, detailed thought process.
- Self-directed with excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with high attention to detail.
- Ability to share ideas and work with other professionals with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic 2D CAD design skills, preferably with AutoCad (any version). PHYSICAL
Interested candidates should apply with their resume attached
***Sorry Visa Sponsorship Is Not Available***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year