RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit a Mechanical Project Engineer for our client in Germantown, WI.
Have you ever wanted to work for an employee owned company? This is you chance! Our client is an employee owned company that is growing rapidly. They are looking for a mechanical engineer with fixture design experience.
Under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor, the Project Engineer will lead the design of multi-machine and or tooling designs while meeting or exceeding customer and company engineering specifications in an accurate, timely, & cost effective manner. At times they will coordinate the design activities of other Design Engineers and Detailers in support of the project. This position consists of the following duties and responsibilities, which is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary:
- Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements to determine the project scope.
- Concept and design equipment and or processes from the ground floor based on specifications and sales agreements.
- Lead \ Coordinate development of CAD concept drawings depending on scope of sales agreement.
- Lead \ Coordinate the evaluation & selection of component suppliers then assure the initiation of purchase orders.
- Organize & lead customer design reviews while supporting Application Engineers in obtaining design approvals.
- Assure that all project related documentation and paperwork is completed as required.
- Review, markup, or approve details, sub-assemblies, & assemblies for production release.
- Develop working relationships with shop to address and resolve problems and to develop better cooperation towards producing the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Must be able to manage time & budget constraints to meet project deliverables.
- Must be able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to take critical design feedback and effectively incorporate it into the design.
- Follow all housekeeping procedures and comply with all quality, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Stay current in new developments and \ or products in the industry.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and five years of related machine or tooling design experience, or two or more years of technical college culminating in a CAD design related degree and at least ten years of progressively responsible machine and tooling design experience.
- Requires ability to use 3D CAD parametric modeling tools (SolidWorks & AutoCad) to generate production drawings. Requires the ability to develop a complete knowledge of the Company’s design standards and other documentation standards as they apply to the industry.
- Ability to do structural stress and deflection analysis using SolidWork’s Finite Element Analysis.
- Proficient with all parts of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Outlook).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or visual formats. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, and blueprints (basic familiarity with G.D.&T.). Ability to write reports and documentation. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Lead cross-functional teams to address and resolve design and quality issues, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of the design process and methods.
- Ability to travel – Can be up to 20% of the time
- Must pass employment screening, background check, & citizenship requirements plus have reliable transportation.