Our client is a global leader in solutions and services for the switchgear and control (Utility), telecommunications, and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) applications. They are a technology company that produces and markets systems for the power conversion and storage of electrical power, including industrial batteries and electronics. This specialized focus has established the company as a leading and valued supplier of products in reserve power systems and electronic power supplies.
As a part of the team, you will plan and perform engineering assignments associated with the maintenance and improvement of plant processes and equipment to meet capability specifications and production requirements. Provide engineering support for production and quality, coordinating solutions to maintain a smooth flow of quality products. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, utilizing knowledge and judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
· Support production to drive safety, quality and cost improvements
· Use Lean manufacturing concepts to drive waste out of the business
· Ensures processes work at the optimum level for production, quality, and regulatory compliance, in order to meet demand needs.
· Performs tests on and documents processes and products as directed for new product introduction or process improvement under the requirements of the NSP (Non-Standard Product) system.
· Designs, installs, and commissions new production units, monitors modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoots existing processes.
· Studies and documents process capabilities of new and existing equipment, makes recommendations for improving capability.
· Authoring and revising work instructions and other documentation
· Procure tooling and supplies so production employees can work safely and efficiently
· Investigates and solves quality improvement opportunities as they occur.
· Ensures that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations
· Performs risk assessments, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of both company staff and the wider community.
· Assesses the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of the plant.
· Monitors environmental and operational performance of processes.
· Works closely with engineers and others to monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of a plant.
· Makes observations and takes measurements directly and collects and interprets data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
· Prepares reports, flow diagrams, and charts.
· Manages the cost and time constraints of projects.
· Selects, manages, and works with sub-contractors.
· Demonstrated Lean & 6-Sigma experience a strong plus
· Mechanical and automated equipment knowledge
· Analytical skills for troubleshooting
· Understanding of quality principles
· Proficient in Solidworks or AutoCad preferred
Performance of responsibilities generally occurs in a manufacturing environment and requires frequent trips to the production floor. While on the shop floor, may encounter safety hazards and environmental conditions requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Must be able to stand or sit for an extended period of time, and to climb a flight of stairs several times a day.
· 4 year engineering degree
· 2-6 years of experience in process engineering, manufacturing support, quality assurance or related fields
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
What shift for position? 1st