Are you a motivated, flexible, hardworking team player with a deep understanding of the transportation industry? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll have the support you need to develop a small shop to its full potential?
Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Maintenance Shop Manager in Gary, IN.
Our client is an established state-of-the art flatbed transportation company with a commitment to relationships, safety, and efficiency. Our client offers a dynamic work environment with a focus on employee development.
- Coordinates the daily and long-term scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of company equipment to ensure the safest and most cost-effective operations.
- Authorizes and reviews all repairs to equipment.
- Organizes and assigns departmental workload to maximize efficiency and quality of mechanics’ performance.
- Instructs, guides, supervises, motivates, and evaluates technicians.
- Coordinates availability of equipment with the operations department to efficiently schedule routine maintenance programs, as well as any emergency maintenance procedures.
- Coordinates prompt and efficient handling of all breakdowns of company vehicles while on the road.
- Accountable for parts accuracy, carrying costs, ordering and receiving procedures, and deadstock management.
- Oversees purchasing of mechanical parts, tires, and oil to ensure availability of components for maintenance as needed. Monitor expenditures to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Oversees real-time entry of repair orders and accompanying information in to r/o systems.
- Audits and closes repair orders, time spent on jobs, and parts consumption on a daily and weekly basis to ensure accuracy, quality, and efficiency of shop performance.
- Resolves staff issues that arise within the shop in an impartial and effective manner.
- Maintains constantly updated familiarity with DOT, manufacturer, and company operational regulations and requirements for all equipment serviced by the shop.
- Displays a consistently positive attitude and utilizes effective communication skills to maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ensures that all technicians and maintenance staff are trained in appropriate safety procedures and conduct all activity in accordance with the company’s safety program.
- Explores, documents, and recommends to management new methods and/or systems which would improve maintenance shop performance.
Salary: $50k – 65k and a generous benefits package
Hours: 40+ hours per week. The position will call for variation in days and hours pending fleet and shop needs.
Interested individuals should reply with a resume attachment. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.