Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Load Planner/Dispatcher opportunity for an established, family-owned logistics provider in the Maumee, OH area. They are a leading privately held regional & multi-regional dry van carrier that also offers full-service spotting, shuttling, and local & regional over-the-road services. Join this growing company that provides unparalleled service to their customers, unmatched respect for their fleet and a trusting family atmosphere.
Load Planner/Dispatcher Responsibilities:
- Utilize independent judgement within processes and best practices to determine location(s) of trucks and available customer loads; to tailor planning to meet area needs, including loads taken, routes utilized and possible changes or cancellation of load assignments; to understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and proactively communicate to appropriate leadership to maximize efficiency.
- Coordinate fleet capacity needs with operations leadership and drivers; work closely with designated department teams to manage and maintain customer trailer pools.
- Responsible for the successful dispatch of planned loads assigned, with an eye for exceptional customer service.
- Make decisions and communicate late pickups and/or deliveries, as well as any other load changes, cancellations or reassignments to appropriate department personnel.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations & Safety Compliance guidelines; to validate driver hours of service to safely and legally facilitate the planning of loads; to honor specific driver/company requests related to operations/safety training; to research driver issues regarding non-compliance items (overweight loads, load routing, hours of operation, equipment type, etc.); and to provide resolution accordingly to meet legal requirements.
- Load planning experience
- Trucking industry experience required
- McLeod experience
Competitive Salary and Benefits that include:
- Medical, dental, vision
Hours: 1st and 3rd shift opportunities available
Interested individuals should send a resume attachment. All inquiries will be kept confidential and will be responded to promptly.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing and engineering companies in North America, Asia, and Europe