Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Field Service Engineer opportunity. This position will be headquartered in Madison, WI. Due to the amount of travel, this can be a remote position (candidate can live anywhere in the U.S.).
Our client has provided over 70 years of service and solutions to customers in several industry sectors, including food, beverage, household, personal care, container manufacturing, and more.
This organization has teamed up with like-minded companies to offer a complete suite of exceptional automation services.
Field position requiring out of town travel majority of the time. This position performs mechanical, electrical, and/or controls/programming upgrades, modifications, repairs, maintenance, service, troubleshooting, start up, installation, supervision, training, and support for packaging equipment. This includes equipment manufactured by our client’s subsidiary companies as well as other OEM equipment.
Your role with the company:
- Accept all work assignments, many of which require travel and long term stays for weeks or more at a time, many times with minimal notice
- Perform all work to the satisfaction of the customer prior to departure. Obtain all required customer signatures for timesheets, billing and commissioning of equipment. Contact Field Service Manager prior to departing site to communicate status of assignment and determine/discuss any open action items moving forward
- Obtain, prior to departure for an assignment, the Field Service Travel Packet for from the field service coordinator which outlines the requirements, objectives, parameters, and purpose is for that assignment
- Perform all work in a safe and law-abiding manner, in accordance with the policies and guidelines as established by the company and the customer
- Work at our client’s facilities as requested to assist with assembly, design, programming or startup of equipment; provide expertise, knowledge and support to manufacturing and engineering department personnel
- Submit all timesheets, expense reports, field trip reports, sales lead reports, and all other paperwork and email responses as required both accurately and on time
Able to travel majority of the time (domestic and international)
To be considered for an opportunity, an updated resume copy as a “Word” attachment should be emailed. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe. Please send your confidential resume to be considered for all opportunities.