Are you a transportation professional looking for a new challenge? Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Driver Manager/Planner opportunity for a family owned logistics provider established in 1927. This growing company provides unparalleled service to their customers, unmatched respect for their fleet and a trusting family atmosphere.
Driver Manager/Planner Responsibilities:
- Utilize independent judgement within processes and best practices to determine location(s) of trucks and available customer loads; to tailor planning to meet area needs, including loads taken, routes utilized and possible changes or cancellation of load assignments; to understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and proactively communicate to appropriate leadership to maximize efficiency.
- Solve problems and work effectively in high-pressure situations
- Responsible for the successful dispatch of planned loads assigned, with an eye for exceptional customer service.
- Coordinate fleet capacity needs with operations leadership and drivers; work closely with designated department teams to manage and maintain customer trailer pools.
- Make decisions and communicate late pickups and/or deliveries, as well as any other load changes, cancellations or reassignments to appropriate department personnel.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations & Safety Compliance guidelines; to validate driver hours of service to safely and legally facilitate the planning of loads; to honor specific driver/company requests related to operations/safety training; to research driver issues regarding non-compliance items (overweight loads, load routing, hours of operation, equipment type, etc.); and to provide resolution accordingly to meet legal requirements. Analyze and forward unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for resolution as needed.
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and timely with both internal and external customers/contacts.
- Planning experience
- Knowledge of the trucking industry required
- McLeod experience
Competitive Salary and Benefits that include:
- Medical, dental, vision
Interested individuals should send a resume attachment. All inquiries will be kept confidential and will be responded to.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing and engineering companies in North America, Asia, and Europe