Our search firm has been chosen to recruit for a Transportation Manager position. This position is responsible to plan and coordinate daily rail and over the road shipments. To succeed in this position, you must have a proven track record as a successful IMC Manager.
Our client is the largest producer of its’ product type in the country and services primarily the eastern United States. Our client harvests the raw materials, processes at several locations, packages it and ships it when required in its own fleet of trucks or by contract carriers.
Your role with the company:
The company uses inter-modal rail, multiple plants, distribution centers, and co-packers in their logistics system.
- Collaborate with shippers throughout the eastern U.S. to find traffic in the back-haul lines from intermodal loads.
- Contact and secure backhaul shippers in shipping points throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, etc.
- Work with access to railroad owned equipment to minimize costs
- Maximize use of company owned rail equipment.
- Planning and supervising all shipments
- Scheduling daily routes
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Research and suggest cost effective shipping methods
- Experience with inter-modal, rail, and freight
- Expertise in soliciting back hauls systems
- Proven track record as a IMC manager
- Experience working directly with companies shipping freight outbound
- filling rail backhauls: 1 year (Required)
Reynoldsburg, Ohio has some of the top-rated schools in the state, and the cost of living is lower than the national median. Reynoldsburg is only 15 miles outside of Columbus, providing access to a variety of city and recreational activities nearby.
To be considered for an opportunity, please let us know your interest. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for transportation, manufacturing, and engineering companies in North America, Asia & Europe.
Salary: $120,000.00 /year