RD Worldwide has been chosen to recruit an experienced Electrical Sourcing Specialist for a client in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Our client is a well-established, global company, with modern manufacturing facilities, and 1,000+ employees, that design and manufacture for the automotive and industrial markets. ISO/TS 16949 Certified. They are consistently profitable and adding new business. Advancement opportunities exist in this growing company.
As the Electrical Sourcing Specialist, you will ensure the division takes a global view in all supply chain endeavors. Initiate, monitor and direct all activities concerned with the acquisition of printed circuit boards (PCB) and electronic components. Conduct up-front due diligence of PCB and SMT component manufacturers ensuring both quality and commercial value.
Component Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Develop a close partnership with Business Development, Engineering, Program Management and operation teams
- Promote and monitor supplier involvement in product development process by using suppliers’ expertise to optimize cost, quality, deliverability and manufacturability
- Monitor commercial and quality concerns associated with PCB and electronic component suppliers
- Provide critical quality input on initial sourcing decisions for PCB.
- Coordinate, review, approve and maintain all supplier PPAP documentation for PCB and electronic component suppliers
- Oversee supplier visits and audits of facilities, processes, control plans, submissions and performance based issues
- Champion root cause analysis and develop supplier corrective action on failed components and warranty issues
- Maintain database of approved component manufacturers, suppliers and part numbers
- Participate in supply chain management, supplier development, and strategic planning
- Communicate results-to-plan progress to management team and promote continuous improvement
- Experience in Commodity Sourcing for electronics manufacturing (PCB)
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental coverage plus vision packages
- 3 weeks paid vacation and generous paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short & Long-term disability packages
- Full Time
- Direct Hire (not a contract position)
- Work Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Interested individuals should send a resume attachment. All inquiries will be kept confidential and responded to.
About RD Worldwide: RD Worldwide, Inc. is a leading recruiter for automotive, manufacturing and engineering companies in North America, Asia and Europe.